I've been a busy butterfly!
This vintage suitcase has been my 'not so easy fix'. The fabric inside is beautiful and in good condition. It just needed to be cleaned. The leather is water-damaged and I've been scraping the leather off for about two weeks, now. I plan to paint pretty pictures and/or decoupage. Maybe, both!
My next work-in-progress, knitting fingerless mittens with a matching hat. The yarn is from my stash and it's multi-color blue with some periwinkle. For the hat, I will use Lion Brand's Fisherman's Warmup Hat. The same pattern I used for my husband's hat. I think this set will look really cute! (Sorry, for photos. I'm a little tired).
And, some of my back-2-school sewing. A pair each of khaki pants for Charlie and Alyssa; apron smocks for Alyssa and a peasant top. I'm currently sewing jeans for them both. Alyssa's jeans will have ruffles on the bottom legs using leftover fabric from her peasant top. Too cute! (I'll post pics when I'm completed)!
This next project was from a tutorial from one of my favorite sites, Made. This dress was sewn using a mens dress shirt. It was so easy to sew and quick! I sewed two dresses in about an hour and a half. The other dress, I used a mens blue/white striped dress shirt.
Now, that most of these projects are near completion (except, my suitcase); I will start sewing my apron orders...and, still scraping leather.
Until next time....HAPPY SEWING!